Check-Out Procedures & Policies
Your library card enables you to borrow books, magazines, videos, CDs, DVDs and audio books, use the library’s facilities to access the Internet, read or study, and access online resources including downloadable media and research databases.
- All circulating materials are checked-out for two weeks.
- You may borrow a total number of 100 items, which may include a maximum of 10 music CDs, 10 DVDs, and 10 Graphic Novels (system-wide).
- In lieu of a library card, a patron may present any of the eight proofs of identity required to obtain a library card, such as a valid driver’s license, or a school/college ID. If any of the approved forms of ID are presented, then the individual may check out normally within the one-hundred item limit. Without a form of ID, a patron may confirm several identifying factors in the record and may check out up to three items.
- All materials may be renewed twice, either by phone, in person or online, unless they are reserved for another library patron.
- If an item is unavailable it may be reserved either in person, online or by phone.
- You will be notified by phone or email when it is available and the item will be held for one week before the hold is removed and the item is sent on to the next patron or placed back into circulation.
- Please provide a current phone number or an email address so we may contact you.
Cardholders may also review their current check-outs and renew items online. Stop by any branch to receive your PIN in person for online account access.