About Your Library
Founded in 1928, Massanutten Regional Library is a seven branch system that serves over 160,000 residents in Harrisonburg, Page County, and Rockingham County. As a 501(c)(3), non-profit organization we are funded in partnership with these localities and through the generosity of our patrons.
We welcome you to visit us at any of our branches in: Bridgewater, Broadway, Elkton, Grottoes, Harrisonburg, Luray, and Shenandoah.
Massanutten Regional Library is an engaged community partner providing programs and services that bring people together, foster creativity, and encourage lifelong learning.
To be the welcoming heart of our community where all come to learn, discover, create, and connect.
- Being a warm, welcoming, and safe space for community members to gather.
- Being actively engaged in the life of the community.
- Committing to robust outreach programming that serves underserved populations.
- Pursuing innovative partnerships that extend MRL resources.
- Employing a collaborative, creative, and enthusiastic staff committed to outstanding customer service and responsiveness.
- Ensuring ready, equal, and equitable access to a comprehensive and balanced collection of materials, programs, and technology.
- Protecting confidentiality of library patron records.
- Championing everyone’s right to intellectual freedom.