Social Media Policy
See the full Social Media Policy here.
By choosing to comment on Library Social Media sites, public users agree to these terms:
- Comments are moderated by Library staff, and MRL has the sole discretion to not post or to remove comments that do not adhere to these terms.
- Users may not post comments, tags and images that impinge on another’s privacy or that may be considered objectionable or inflammatory. Violations include, but are not limited to:
- off-topic and/or disruptive posts
- commercial promotions or spam
- duplicated posts from the same individual
- threatening language and personal attacks
- private, personal information published without consent
- obscene, sexist, racist or libelous content
- copyright infringement/plagiarized material
- political advocacy
- posts that violate laws or Library policies
- Users of all ages have the responsibility to protect their privacy and should not post personally identifying information, such as last name, school, age, phone number or address. The Library does not act in place of, or in the absence of, a parent.
- Persons who repeatedly violate these terms may be barred from further postings.
- By posting on the Library’s social media sites, you give the Library permission to use your first name, profile picture, and the content of any posting you make without compensation to you or liability on the part of the Library. This permission ends when you delete your posting.
This policy applies to all patrons, whether registered with Massanutten Regional Library or not.
Adopted by the MRL Board of Trustees March 2014