Law Library & Legal Resources
Massanutten Regional Library offers access to these legal resources as a service to the public. Patrons requiring assistance with legal questions, legal advice, or information regarding the application of the law to specific facts should contact an attorney. Library staff members are not qualified to provide legal assistance.
The Central Library in Harrisonburg houses the Harrisonburg-Rockingham Bar Association’s collection of legal resources. Access to the legal database Lexis Advance is also available at the Central Library.
- Lexis Advance – Temporary home access to a legal database used to conduct research on cases, codes, and secondary resources needed for legal work and personal legal research. IDs created using this link will have access to Lexis Advance for 30 days.
- U.S. Government Information – The U.S. Government's official web portal. Find services, explore topics, and discover government agencies.
State of Virginia
- Virginia’s Legislative Information System – Information on bills and resolutions, state budget, legislative agendas, and records of floor sessions.
- Code of Virginia – Legislative Information System – A searchable database containing the laws (statutes) of the Commonwealth.
- Virginia Administrative Code – Legislative Information System – The Virginia Administrative Code searchable database contains the regulations of state agencies.
- Virginia Judicial System – The main website for the Virginia Judicial System including forms, court case information, and more.
- Virginia State Bar– An agency of the Supreme Court of Virginia that offers information for bar members and the general public. Information about lawyer referrals, disciplinary action, fee dispute resolution, and more.
Harrisonburg, Rockingham County, and Page County
- Harrisonburg/Rockingham Central District Court – 26th Judicial District of Virginia, General District Court information including hours and contact information.
- Rockingham County Clerk of Court – General information including hours and contact information, motions day docket, and forms.
- Page County Clerk of Court– General information including hours and contact information, motions day docket, and forms.